On Side Restoration implements processes and procedures that contribute to overall sustainability. Ranging...
On Side Restoration implements processes and procedures that contribute to overall sustainability. Ranging from chemical products used in the restoration process to furniture installed within an office, the effects on the environment are considered our top priority.
What we do:
* Chemical products selected for use are environmentally friendly and/or biodegradable
* Materials marked for refuse are sorted on the job site and taken away only when necessary, reducing costs monetarily and environmentally
* Materials brought back to branch offices are sorted and consolidated into specific bins and taken away only when full to reduce costs both monetarily and environmentally
* Recyclable construction materials/goods are taken to Reuse-it Stores supporting local charities such as Habitat For Humanity
* We zone, where possible within a geographical area, reducing the need for employees to travel extensive distances; reducing our carbon footprint
* Crews carpool to job sites; reducing our carbon footprint
* Vehicles selected for use in the fleet that were once V8’s are now V6’s. If they were V6’s, they are now 4 cylinders
* ESPORTA contents wash system allows items that could previously not be restored to be properly cleaned reducing the refuse in our landfills
* Plastic bins are used for contents coming back to the plants (dirty) to reduce the need for cardboard boxes on pack-ups
* Temperatures are reduced in the warehouses and spot gas heat is used
* Plastic curtains are used on large bay doors to ‘naturally’ manage and regulate warehouse temperatures
* Doc-link: Paperless offices; a software system allowing previous paper processes to operate paperless through the management of workloads via computers
* High energy efficient flat screen monitors are replacing older monitors used at workstations
* Each work station has a recycle bin for paper
* Cubicles have glass on the upper portions, increasing daylight coming through the offices
* Each office has a bottle recycling program and money raised is donated to a local charity
* Auto light switches are used where possible
* High efficiency bulbs are used where possible
* Where possible, offices are located near bus routes or sky train lines
On Side Restoration is a forward thinking company. Reducing our carbon footprint for a better tomorrow remains our focus. Every effort is made to educate our branch offices and staff on how to implement processes that encourage sustainability.