On Side is the only restoration company in Canada to combine a detached on-site training center, and...
On Side is the only restoration company in Canada to combine a detached on-site training center, and demonstration area. Located on our head office property our Training Centre is dedicated to the continued education of our employees, hosting staff from all of our branches across B.C. and Alberta as well as visitors from within our industry. Occupational related topics associated with the restoration and insurance industries are offered in a series of on-going programs in addition to specific or special events.
Here are some of the certifications that individuals can receive:
- Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- Applied Structural Drying
- Carpet Cleaning
- Health & Safety Technician
- Health & Safety Equivalent
- Journeyman Fire & Smoke Restorer
- Journeyman Textile Cleaner
- Journeyman Water Restorer
- Master Fire & Smoke Restorer
- Master Water Restorer
- Odour Control
- CPT Repair & Reinstallation
- Fire & Smoke Restoration
- Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning
- Water Damage
- Water Damage Restoration
We are constantly updating our knowledge and processes in step with regulation changes:
- The testing & data interpretation of mould, remediation protocols and procedures related to mould.
- Provincial and federal asbestos regulations, building material inspection requirements, how to interpret asbestos inspection reports, and abatement protocols & procedures.
- The safety regulations & recovery procedures when facing trauma scene and biohazard situations.
- How to recognize clandestine drug labs, the chemistry behind Methamphetamine manufacturing, health effects of Meth, the Meth lab restoration process and government regulations and the legal environment.
- Water classifications and the drying procedures & timeliness, safety concerns and procedures and the restoration process.
- Safety precautions and proper handling of contaminated water loss situations, the importance of proper drying and decontamination procedures, and prevention and restoration protocols and procedures.
- Contents recovery after fire and smoke damage, new technologies in odour removal, and restoration procedures.