On Side Restoration has an exciting opportunity for a Branch Manager to be part of the Victoria team.
About On Side Restoration
On Side Restoration is one of Canada’s leading, privately-owned restoration companies with branches coast to coast from Victoria, BC to St. John’s, Newfoundland. Since 2018, On Side also operates in the province of Quebec. For the past 40 years the company has been restoring damaged homes and businesses 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Proprietary internal systems include eClaim, a transparent web-based file management software program, and On Side LiVE, their 24 hour customizable emergency call centre. Experienced and certified crew operate On Side’s extensive fleet of emergency response vehicles and leverage their 10,000+ pieces of specialty equipment. Further information about On Side can be found at www.onside.ca
On Side Restoration Services Ltd is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment / interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs. Inquiries can be made with the hiring manager or by contacting Human Resources Department.
Why work with us?
Imagine a world where we wake up each day inspired to go to work, feel safe while we’re there, and return home at the end of the day fulfilled by the work we do – feeling that we have contributed to something greater than ourselves. This is the world we envision.
- Is friendly, and we love to do company-wide fun things!
- Is never boring…every day is something different!
- We provide great learning opportunities to our employees!
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes:
- Excellent health plan, including medical, dental, long-term disability (LTD) and life insurance.
- Opportunity for promotional opportunities and national career movement.
- Direct branch’s internal operations to achieve budgeted results and other financial criteria
- In collaboration with the Regional Manager, establish branch short / long-term planning and budget levels to support strategic business objectives
- Manage branch performance, resource allocation and policy to achieve business targets
- Implement the procedures, systems and controls, to promote communication and adequate information flow, and thereby solidify management control and direction of the branch
- Own the recruitment, development and performance of the branch staff
- Participate in the development and execution of branch’s marketing and sales strategy
- Foster a customer-centric environment where caring, responsive service is paramount
- Perform Site inspections, including the Emergency Phase;
- Communicate with home & business owners, insurance adjusters and sub-contractors;
- Manage PMA’s, sub-contractors and employees in successfully completing projects in a timely and efficient manner;
- Meet or exceed profit goals on each job;
- Ensure the preparation of accurate quotations through job costing and estimates;
- Be available to respond to 24 hour emergency restoration and mitigation calls;
- Create & execute project planner and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements;
- Effectively apply our methodology and enforce company protocols;
- Ensure project documents are complete, current and uploaded in eClaim appropriately.
- Build existing client relationships and generate new leads with adjusters and property managers.
Project Accounting & Financing Management
- Manage project budget/estimate;
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing and monitor receivables for each project;
- Follow up with clients, regarding unpaid invoices;
- Analyze project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization”
Qualification and Requirements:
- 5 to 10 years of experience with restoration project/branch management with full P&L responsibility, preferably in a related occupation/industry
- Prior experience in project or branch management
- Prior experience in sales and/or marketing preferred
- Sound knowledge of Canadian construction practices
Skills and competences:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly organized with attention to details
- Decision making skills
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and multiple projects
- Strong, proven business acumen
- Highly adept at interpreting financials
- Effective negotiation and mediation skills
- Ability to execute processes in a mentally demanding and fast paced, diverse work environment
- Demonstrate sound work ethics;
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong working relationships both internally and externally;
- Flexibility; works effectively as part of a team and independently
- Strong problem solving/communication skills
- Strong leadership
If this is you and you want to be part of this great team, we definitely want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.