On Side Restoration is seeking a Cabinet Maker/Finish Carpenter to join our Victoria team. The Cabinet Maker must be a detail oriented with an eye for production and quality to produce cabinetry for a busy restoration company. Ensures all aspects of job are completed as per company protocols. Follows and maintains a 5S culture and mindset.
About On Side Restoration
On Side Restoration is one of Canada’s leading, privately-owned restoration companies with branches coast to coast from Victoria, BC to St. John’s, Newfoundland. Since 2018, On Side also operates in the province of Quebec. For the past 40 years the company has been restoring damaged homes and businesses 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Proprietary internal systems include eClaim, a transparent web-based file management software program, and On Side LiVE, their 24 hour customizable emergency call centre. Experienced and certified crew operate On Side’s extensive fleet of emergency response vehicles and leverage their 10,000+ pieces of specialty equipment. Further information about On Side can be found at www.onside.ca
Why work with us?
Imagine a world where we wake up each day inspired to go to work, feel safe while we’re there, and return home at the end of the day fulfilled by the work we do — feeling that we have contributed to something greater than ourselves. This is the world we envision.
- Is friendly, and we love to do company-wide fun things!
- Is never boring… every day is something different!
- We provide great learning opportunities to our employees!
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes:
- Excellent health plan, including medical, dental, long-term disability (LTD) and life insurance.
- Opportunity for promotional opportunities and national career movement.
- Receive damaged cabinetry for measurement and replication / repair
- Match stains / materials to existing in lace to reduce demolition scope and turnaround times
- Manage work order flow in priority sequence using internal claims management software
- Report time and materials daily as well as update file as to work done
- Maintain tools and work area in millshop and at sites
- Support on call after hours activities in addition to 40 hour work week
Qualification and Requirements:
- At least 2-5 years of experience in cabinet fabrication / carpentry
- Valid class 5 BC Driver license
- The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) preferred
Skills and competences:
- Ability to transfer information into action
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to act quickly with patience in high pressure situations
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Must be empathetic and genuine
- Highly organized individual and great team player
- Strong problem solving/communication skills
- Strong customer orientation
- Demonstrates corporate citizenship and social responsibility
- Demonstrates support for innovation and organizational change
If this is you and you want to be part of this great team, we definitely want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.