The Job – Cleaner / Packer
At On Side, Cleaner Packers, also known as Contents Technicians show up every day with a can-do attitude and desire to help. This team does vital work helping clients save precious possessions and memories with empathy, compassion, and hard work. When disaster strikes, Contents Technician teams are deployed to restore order out of chaos and clean up the aftermath. Working on site and in the On Side warehouse means no day or disaster is ever the same.
Contents Technicians are responsible for:
- Working with customers to restore personal and commercial items to pre-disaster state
- Packing and cataloging contents from disaster affected areas and creating inventory lists
- Cleaning contents and structures
- Cleaning fabrics and textiles
What you bring:
- An optimistic outlook and a real desire to help
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Physically fit (ability to lift, carry and pack boxes) and willingness to follow all company safety requirements
- Valid driver’s licence & clean drivers abstract
- Able to successfully satisfy On Side’s criminal record check requirements
- Ability to communicate in English or French (QC) at an intermediate level
Past industry experience that can translate into success in this job: hotel, hotel housekeeper, tourism, hospitality, dry cleaning, laundry services, restaurant, restaurant manager, supervisor, server, customer service, waitress, waiter, bartender, bartending, banquet, concierge, travel, tour guide, sales, industrial or commercial cleaner, mover, packer.
Other stuff that’ll help you be successful:
- You genuinely enjoy working with people in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both written and verbal
Disasters can strike at any time so a rotating schedule of 24/7 after hours on-call work is a requirement.
What’s in it for you?
We’re an established company in a growing industry and we need awesome people! We WANT to start you off on a career path you’ll love, we WANT you to be fulfilled by your work and we WANT to provide you with a steady pay-cheque. We also love that we’re able to provide an employee assistance program, excellent health plan which includes extended medical (chiropractic, massage, acupuncture, vision, and more!) dental, long-term disability (LTD) and life insurance.
We provide on the job training with opportunity for development—promotions and national career movement are yours for the taking (well, with a few months under your belt). At On Side we work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
There are so many other awesome things about On Side Restoration we’d love to tell you about, so don’t hesitate to check us out at www.onside.ca and don’t forget to click that ‘Apply Now’ button to join the On Side army today!
Get on our side!
Both major weather disasters and minor accidents involving water, fire, and more happen every day, and in our industry this is how we keep busy, restoring properties 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. Mother Nature usually doesn’t wait for an invitation, but we’re in the business of dealing with party crashers, and we’ve done it for over 40 years!
We have branches from Victoria, BC to St. John’s, Newfoundland and (almost) everywhere in between. Our fantastic team of over 1,600 employees stretches far and wide across Canada, and we’re growing—YOU could be the next great addition!