On Side Restoration is seeking a Contents Technician to join our Ottawa team. The Contents Technician is part of a committed team performing contents cleaning services on site and in our warehouse. This team provides exceptional customer service in a fast pace environment.
About On Side Restoration
On Side Restoration is the nation’s leading Canadian-owned restoration company with 40 branches from Victoria, BC to St. John’s, Newfoundland. For the past 40 years the company has been restoring damaged homes and businesses 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Proprietary internal systems include eClaim, a transparent web-based file management software program, and On Side LiVE, their 24 hour customizable emergency call centre. Experienced and certified crew operate On Side Restoration’s extensive fleet of emergency response vehicles and leverage their 13,000+ pieces of specialty equipment. On Side Restoration is a subsidiary of Intact Financial Corporation (TSX: IFC).
Why work with us?
Imagine a world where we wake up each day inspired to go to work, feel safe while we’re there, and return home at the end of the day fulfilled by the work we do – feeling that we have contributed to something greater than ourselves. This is the world we envision.
- Is friendly, and we love to do company-wide fun things!
- Is never boring…every day is something different!
- We provide great learning opportunities to our employees!
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes:
- Excellent health plan, including medical, dental, long-term disability (LTD) and life insurance.
- Opportunity for promotional opportunities and national career movement.
- Inventorying and packing contents of homes and businesses
- Tagging (attach cardboard tags on furniture and appliances)
- Clean contents both in the warehouse and on sites
- Clean structures (walls, ceilings, floors)
- Manipulate contents (pack boxes and move them to another room)
- Vacuum and Clean construction contaminated areas of the home or business
Qualification and Requirements:
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- On-the-job training is provided
- Must be available for a rotating “On Call” schedule evenings and weekends.
Skills and competences:
- Ability to work within a team
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing
- Ability to follow specific instruction and direction
If this is you and you want to be part of this great team, we definitely want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.