On Side Restoration is seeking a Dispatcher to join our Victoria team. The Dispatcher manages resource allocation/scheduling consistent with work orders, project scope and available capacity. Communicates with all stakeholders regarding scheduling commitments. Ensures compliance with internal process/protocol to support business and customer requirements. Follows and maintains a 5S culture and mindset.
About On Side Restoration
On Side Restoration is one of Canada’s leading restoration companies with branches coast to coast from Victoria, BC to St. John’s, Newfoundland. Since 2018, On Side also operates in the province of Quebec. For the past 40 years the company has been restoring damaged homes and businesses 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Proprietary internal systems include eClaim, a transparent web-based file management software program, and On Side LiVE, their 24 hour customizable emergency call centre. Experienced and certified crew operate On Side’s extensive fleet of emergency response vehicles and leverage their 10,000+ pieces of specialty equipment. Further information about On Side can be found at www.onside.ca
On Side Restoration Services Ltd is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment / interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs. Inquiries can be made with the hiring manager or by contacting Human Resources Department.
Why work with us?
Imagine a world where we wake up each day inspired to go to work, feel safe while we’re there, and return home at the end of the day fulfilled by the work we do – feeling that we have contributed to something greater than ourselves. This is the world we envision.
- Is friendly, and we love to do company-wide fun things!
- Is never boring…every day is something different!
- We provide great learning opportunities to our employees!
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes:
- Excellent health plan, including medical, dental, long-term disability (LTD) and life insurance.
- Opportunity for promotional opportunities and national career movement.
Strategy and Vision:
- Dispatch appropriate skill set and approved sub trade support consistent with scope/work order/budget information provided by the Project Manager
- Recommend, document and implement policies and procedures to facilitate consistent and efficient project results
- Support high standards of corporate citizenship and social responsibility
- Foster a customer-focused environment
- Assist in recruitment, development, and evaluation performance of Operations staff
- Encourage participation in continuous improvement initiatives
- Develop and sustain a Health & Safety environment focused on accident / incident reduction
Capital Allocation and Management:
- Schedule and allocate resources consistent with required skill to meet quality/cost targets
- Communicate and coordinate with internal/external stakeholders to meet project timelines
- Utilize eClaim reporting system to manage employee allocations and priorities
- Manage labor hours consistent with demand planning and cost targets
- Manage and approve employee labour hours, and absentee requests consistent with required capacity and commitments
- Manage the allocation and collection of equipment and vehicles to meet project deliverables
- Provide support when required to meet On Call resource allocation/requirements
- Ensure compliance to internal/external Site Safety inspection protocols
- Ensure internal operations requirements are uploaded to eClaim throughout the claim
- Provide direction or support in other areas as requested/required
Qualification and Requirements:
- High School diploma; combination of relevant training courses/experience, with post-secondary education in a business discipline preferred
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience
- Understanding of restoration business
- Understanding of characteristics of company assets
- Basic computer skills required; proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Word
Skills and competences:
- Ability to transfer information into action
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi task in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to problem solve through root cause analysis and implementation of sustainable solutions
- Strong problem solving/communication skills
- Strong coordination skills; team leadership
- Strong customer orientation
- Demonstrate corporate citizenship and social responsibility
- Demonstrate support for innovation and organizational change
If this is you and you want to be part of this great team, we definitely want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.