On Side Restoration is seeking a Drywaller to join our Kamloops team. The Drywaller is responsible for the day to day execution of work orders related to restoring damaged structures to the pre-loss condition focusing on quality, cost control and consistency. Ensures all aspects of job are completed as per company protocols. Follows and maintains a 5S culture and mindset.
About On Side Restoration
On Side Restoration is one of Canada’s leading restoration companies. We respond 24/7 to emergencies affecting residential and commercial properties. We differentiate ourselves through our people and our commitment to excellent customer service, and through industry leading proprietary software. Since 1979, we have expanded to 21 branches coast to coast from Victoria, BC to St. John’s, Newfoundland. We have a Team of over 700+ experienced and certified staff members, with over 300 emergency response vehicles, and 5,000+ pieces of specialty equipment. Further information about On Side can be found at www.onside.ca
Why work with us?
Imagine a world where we wake up each day inspired to go to work, feel safe while we’re there, and return home at the end of the day fulfilled by the work we do – feeling that we have contributed to something greater than ourselves. This is the world we envision.
- Is friendly, and we love to do company-wide fun things!
- Is never boring…every day is something different!
- We provide great learning opportunities to our employees!
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes:
- Excellent health plan, including medical, dental, long-term disability (LTD) and life insurance.
- Opportunity for promotional opportunities and national career movement.
- Review forecasted timeframes, equipment and supplies requirements to complete projects consistent with budget and work order/scope
- Execute timely completion of assigned work order tasks Assists in the completion of all necessary documentation as per process/protocol to ensure cost transparency of activities completed and accurate cost allocation to claims
- Provide quality workmanship consistent with industry standards and stakeholder expectations
- Embrace Health & Safety environment focused on prevention of accident/incident
- Actions personal performance and appearance consistent with company policies and procedures
- Manage and maintains company assets consistent with business image and expectations
- Provide support in other areas as requested/required
Qualification and Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) preferred
- Occupational first aid level 1 preferred
- Drywall Finisher
- Knowledge of various types of insurable losses
- Proficient in all aspects of drywall installation/finishing and painting
- Experience in site preparation and protection
Skills and competences:
- Ability to transfer information into action
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to act quickly with patience in high pressure situations
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Must be empathetic and genuine
- Highly organized individual and great team player
- Strong problem solving/communication skills
- Strong customer orientation
- Demonstrates corporate citizenship and social responsibility
- Demonstrates support for innovation and organizational change
If this is you and you want to be part of this great team, we definitely want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.