On Side Restoration is seeking a Field Supervisor to join our Kenora team. The Field Supervisorprovides support to the responsible Project Manager to plan and execute work to be completed consistent with approved Emergency & Repair scopes, gross margin targets and timelines. Provides leadership to co-workers to ensure compliance with Company protocol and process. Manages claim activities to achieve NPS (Net Promoter Score) objectives. Follows and maintains a 5S culture and mindset.
About On Side Restoration
On Side Restoration is one of Canada’s leading, privately-owned restoration companies with branches coast to coast from Victoria, BC to St. John’s, Newfoundland. Since 2018, On Side also operates in the province of Quebec. For the past 40 years the company has been restoring damaged homes and businesses 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Proprietary internal systems include eClaim, a transparent web-based file management software program, and On Side LiVE, their 24 hour customizable emergency call centre. Experienced and certified crew operate On Side’s extensive fleet of emergency response vehicles and leverage their 10,000+ pieces of specialty equipment. Further information about On Side can be found at www.onside.ca
Why work with us?
Imagine a world where we wake up each day inspired to go to work, feel safe while we’re there, and return home at the end of the day fulfilled by the work we do – feeling that we have contributed to something greater than ourselves. This is the world we envision.
- Is friendly, and we love to do company-wide fun things!
- Is never boring…every day is something different!
- We provide great learning opportunities to our employees!
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes:
- Excellent health plan, including medical, dental, long-term disability (LTD) and life insurance.
- Opportunity for promotional opportunities and national career movement.
Strategy and Vision:
- Execute project tasks through appropriate skill set and approved sub trade support consistent with scope/work order/budget information provided by the Project Manager.
- Identify scope issues and/or omissions and recommends/coordinates actions in agreement with the PM to maintain commitments to all stakeholders.
- Recommend, document and implement policies and procedures to facilitate consistent and efficient project results
- Support high standards of corporate citizenship and social responsibility
- Foster a customer-focused environment
- Action recruitment, development, and evaluation performance of Operations staff
- Encourage participation in continuous improvement initiatives
- Develop and sustain a Health & Safety environment focused on accident / incident reduction.
Capital Allocation and Management:
- Maintain effective and timely communications with all internal/external stakeholders to achieve project deliverables
- Ensure daily file note submissions to provide status reporting of claim progress
- Ensure compliance with On Side protocol and process to achieve quality, cost and gross margin targets
- Achieve business productivity, margin and cycle time targets
- Ensure daily completion of business documentation as necessary to provide optics to actual project cost through to project completion.
- Coordinate required permits to ensure compliance with provincial and municipal mandates
- Provide site direction and communicates performance opportunities to department leadership
- Ensure compliance to internal Site Safety inspection protocols
- Ensure site photos are uploaded to eClaim throughout the claim process
- Provide On Call support as required
- Manage and maintain company assets consistent with business image and expectations
- Action personal performance and appearance consistent with company policies and procedures
- Provide direction or support in other areas as requested/required
Qualification and Requirements:
- High School diploma; combination of relevant training courses/experience
- Water Damage Restoration (WRT)
- Fire Smoke Restoration Technician (FSRT)
- Occupational Health and Safety supervisory training
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience
- 3 years’ experience leading teams
- Experience and knowledge in dealing with systems, budgets, internal controls, and asset management.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Familiarity and knowledge of Lean principles and systems
Skills and competences:
- Ability to transfer information into action
- Ability to multi task in a dynamic environment
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships
- Ability to effectively communicate and implement change through engagement
- Ability to problem solve through root cause analysis and implementation of sustainable solutions
- Strong problem solving/communication skills
- Ethical and equitable leadership
If this is you and you want to be part of this great team, we definitely want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.