On Side Restoration, a rapidly growing Canadian organization with 33 branches and over 1100 employees, is looking for 10 to 12 Finishing Carpenters for the Ville St-Laurent and Montreal East locations.
- The restoration technician/carpenter in interior finishing reports to the Director of Operations. The technicians work as a team to perform the emergency and restoration intervention to meet the needs of insurance companies and our customers.
- The technicians must manage emergency response activities on site, including water pumping, carpet cleaning, removal of drywall, mitigation measures, installation of equipment necessary for drying, carrying out procedures for the processing of the insured’s contents and premises according to the procedures and protocols of the insurance company. The technician will also have to fill out and issue the required reports.
- Demolition and reconstruction of the premises.
- Framing; Drywall installation (gypsum); Insulation; Plastering; Painting; Millwork; Floorings (such as wood and/or ceramics).
- In addition, when joining our dynamic team, successful candidates will be given the opportunity to learn and obtain the following certificates:
- Building drying techniques
- Fire and smoke (encapsulating and odor removal)
- Mold decontamination
- Asbestos decontamination
Skills and abilities:
- Bilingualism an asset,
- Good physical condition and ability to work manually;
- Clean and proper attire;
- Respectful of our client’s premises and their belongings;
- Great proactivity and resourcefulness;
- Motivated to learn and meet new challenges;
- Analytical capacity;
- Responsible person with a concern for work well done;
- Day shift however in some situations also available for work in the evenings and weekends;
- Ability with computer technology (cellular, tablet).
- Social benefits after a specific probationary period
- All development programs are aimed at employees who wish to acquire new skills
- We also offer a healthy and safe work environment.
- We offer extremely competitive salaries