On Side Restoration is seeking an experienced Flood Technician to join our Kelowna branch. A Flood Technician is dispatched to assigned customer locations to perform restoration services such as required. You must maintain a high standard of customer service and excellent levels of quality workmanship.
About On Side Restoration
On Side Restoration is one of Canada’s leading, privately-owned restoration companies with branches coast to coast from Victoria, BC to St. John’s, Newfoundland. Since 2018, On Side also operates in the province of Quebec. For the past 40 years the company has been restoring damaged homes and businesses 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Proprietary internal systems include eClaim, a transparent web-based file management software program, and On Side LiVE, their 24 hour customizable emergency call centre. Experienced and certified crew operate On Side’s extensive fleet of emergency response vehicles and leverage their 10,000+ pieces of specialty equipment. Further information about On Side can be found at www.onside.ca
Why work with us?
Imagine a world where we wake up each day inspired to go to work, feel safe while we’re there, and return home at the end of the day fulfilled by the work we do – feeling that we have contributed to something greater than ourselves. This is the world we envision.
- Is friendly, and we love to do company-wide fun things!
- Is never boring…every day is something different!
- We provide great learning opportunities to our employees!
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides prompt and professional service to all customers. This includes being polite, courteous and respectful.
- Completes customer service schedules on time. Keeps internal personnel such as dispatchers and/or appropriate supervisors/project managers informed of daily schedule.
- Demonstrates professional knowledge of all company products and services.
- Assesses and determines customer requirements and communicates them with dispatcher/ supervisor and or project manager.
- Performs appropriate steps to mitigate further water damage in the home and/or business, depending on the situation. Schedule revisit through dispatch to check on drying conditions.
- As necessary, performs professional carpet/upholstery cleaning services in customer’s home using company solutions and products.
- Prior to leaving, provides customer with necessary safety information or instructions concerning all equipment left at the site and areas extracted and/or just cleaned.
- Operates company vehicle with good judgment, obeying all traffic laws, rules and regulations.
- Maintain an acceptable driving record.
- Performs regular company vehicle maintenance, as outlined in company standards and procedures.
- On a daily basis, submit all accurate completed paperwork and have all supporting documents in order. This is a mandatory responsibility that needs to be performed consistently each and every day.
- Maintain a high level of personal grooming and appearance.
- Meet company standards for attendance and punctuality.
- Fosters good work relationships at all levels of the company.
- Attend training meetings as determined by management.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Possess a valid AB driver’s license with a clean Abstract
- At least 1 year Water Damage experience, or equivalent
- Be available to be “On Call” on evenings and weekends on a rotating basis.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands of this position, requires the employee to perform extensive walking, standing, lifting, bending, carrying of approximately 50 lbs. equipment etc., up and down stairs.