On Side Restoration is seeking a Bilingual Help Desk Technician (English/ Freanch) to join our Vancouver team and support the growing business in Quebec. The Help Desk Technician is responsible for managing support tickets for desktop and end user issues as well as telecom support. System administration of various servers. Follows and maintains a 5S culture and mindset.
About On Side Restoration
On Side Restoration is one of Canada’s leading, privately-owned restoration companies with branches coast to coast from Victoria, BC to St. John’s, Newfoundland. Since 2018, On Side also operates in the province of Quebec. For the past 40 years the company has been restoring damaged homes and businesses 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Proprietary internal systems include eClaim, a transparent web-based file management software program, and On Side LiVE, their 24 hour customizable emergency call centre. Experienced and certified crew operate On Side’s extensive fleet of emergency response vehicles and leverage their 10,000+ pieces of specialty equipment. Further information about On Side can be found at www.onside.ca
Why work with us?
Imagine a world where we wake up each day inspired to go to work, feel safe while we’re there, and return home at the end of the day fulfilled by the work we do – feeling that we have contributed to something greater than ourselves. This is the world we envision.
- Is friendly, and we love to do company-wide fun things!
- Is never boring…every day is something different!
- We provide great learning opportunities to our employees!
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes:
- Excellent health plan, including medical, dental, long-term disability (LTD) and life insurance.
- Opportunity for promotional opportunities and national career movement.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware
- Provide training including developing “how to” guides
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software including peripherals
- Resolves technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems
- Provide reporting to Network Administrator to determine recurrent malfunctions
- Participate in IT projects as required
- Provide On Call support, as required
- Provide direction or support in other areas as requested/required
- Diagnose, recommend and execute hardware repairs as directed
- Design and maintain effective workflow’s to ensure efficiency is maintained within the IT department
Qualification and Requirements:
- Post-secondary education, college or university degree
- A+, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or equivalent
- Previous experience (minimum 3 year) in a helpdesk or IT related role
- Previous experience in customer service or dealing direct with end users of technology
- Demonstrated knowledge of personal computing hardware, software and peripherals
- Diagnostic and repair of computer related technology
- Knowledge and practice of anti-virus, malware and spyware tools
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating system and productivity suites
- Internet research skills
Skills and competences:
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- A self-starter, can-do attitude
- Strong customer orientation
- Demonstrates corporate citizenship and social responsibility
- Demonstrates support for innovation and organizational change
If this is you and you want to be part of this great team, we definitely want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.