Looking for your opportunity? No, really, are you looking to start a new career with a stable company in a growing industry? This could be your opportunity. On Side Restoration is looking for people who can recognize an open door when they see it!
Project Managers are responsible for:
- Superior customer service interactions with property owners, businesses, and families (often including family pets!), ensuring they know what’s happening and what we’re doing to get their lives back to normal.
- Assessing damage and determining the scope of work needed to fix it and provide an estimate. We’ll train you on Xactimate (a fancy estimating program), and introduce you to our vendor partners and internal experts so you can get an approved scope of work.
- Managing and Directing Restoration Staff in a supportive team environment during:
- Disaster remediation efforts (ex. water damage, fire & smoke damage, weather damage)
- Cleaning & packing
- Project completion
- Working with Insurance adjusters to ensure a seamless experience for the insured when a claim is filed (this will make way more sense later, we promise).
- Quality control of all aspects of the job.
- The job, you own it, it’s essentially a reflection of you at the end of the day.
What you bring:
- Willingness to learn and be teachable (we’ll get you certified through the IICRC, we’re sure you’ll Google that cause you’re ambitious!).
- A passion for customer service with strong written and verbal communication
- Be self-motivated and goal oriented (remember, you’re looking for opportunity, it doesn’t look for you).
- Open to working after hours and on weekends (disasters don’t happen on a schedule)
- Problem solving and priority management skills.
- Computer skills, you’ll be working in an MS Office environment.
- Valid driver’s license & clean drivers abstract
- Clean criminal record
Other things that will help you get the most out of this opportunity:
- You find enjoyment working in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- You have an ongoing commitment to self-development (you really are in charge of your own career).
- You’re willing (but not required) to travel within Canada to support cross-region Teammates. Disasters happen all over and sometimes we need to support our teams in other locations. If you’ve always wanted to travel for business, this is your chance!
- Disasters can strike at any time so after hours on-call work is a requirement. It’s on a rotating schedule though so it’s not that bad. Plus, you literally get to be a hero to customers every time you show up! When was the last time that happened in a customer service position?
What’s in it for you:
We’re an established company in a growing industry and we need awesome people! We WANT to start you off on a career path you’ll love, we WANT you to be fulfilled by your work and we WANT to provide you with a steady pay-cheque. We also love that we’re able to provide an employee assistance program, excellent health plan which includes extended medical (chiropractic, massage, acupuncture, vision, and more!) dental, long-term disability (LTD) and life insurance.
We provide on the job training with opportunity for development—promotions and national career movement are yours for the taking (well, with a few months under your belt). At On Side we work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Get on our side!
Both major weather disasters and minor accidents involving water, fire, and more happen every day, and in our industry this is how we keep busy, restoring properties 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. Mother Nature usually doesn’t wait for an invitation, but we’re in the business of dealing with party crashers, and we’ve done it for over 40 years!