On Side Restoration is seeking a Remediation Technician to join our Medicine Hat team. The Remediation Technician is responsible for the day to day execution of work orders related to hazardous material abatement focusing on quality, cost control and consistency compliant with corporate and regulatory requirements. Follows and maintains a 5S culture and mindset.
About On Side Restoration
On Side Restoration is one of Canada’s leading restoration companies. We respond 24/7 to emergencies affecting residential and commercial properties. We differentiate ourselves through our people and our commitment to excellent customer service, and through industry leading proprietary software. Since 1979, we have expanded to 33 branches coast to coast from Victoria, BC to St. John’s, Newfoundland. We have a Team of over 1,100+ experienced and certified staff members, with over 300 emergency response vehicles, and 5,000+ pieces of specialty equipment. Further information about On Side can be found at www.onside.ca
Why work with us?
Imagine a world where we wake up each day inspired to go to work, feel safe while we’re there, and return home at the end of the day fulfilled by the work we do – feeling that we have contributed to something greater than ourselves. This is the world we envision.
- Is friendly, and we love to do company-wide fun things!
- Is never boring…every day is something different!
- We provide great learning opportunities to our employees!
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes:
- Excellent health plan, including medical, dental, long-term disability (LTD) and life insurance.
- Opportunity for promotional opportunities and national career movement.
- Review hazardous material assessments
- Ensure compliance with company and regulatory process and protocols
- Review forecasted timeframes, equipment and supplies to complete projects consistent with budget and work order/scope
- Execute timely completion of assigned work orders
- Manage company assets consistent with business procedures and reporting
- Maintain effective and timely communications with all internal/external stakeholders to achieve project deliverables
- Complete all necessary documentation required for invoicing
- Manage and maintains company assets consistent with business image and expectations
- Sustain a Health & Safety environment focused on prevention of accident / incident
- Action personal performance and appearance consistent with company policies and procedures
- Provide on call support when necessary
- Provide direction or support in other areas as requested/required
Qualification and Requirements:
- MUST HAVE RELEVANT EXPERIENCE.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Occupational first aid level 1
- Asbestos and/or Lead; moderate and high risk abatement
- 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Understanding of restoration business
- Knowledge in hazardous materials abatement
- Basic computer skills required; proficiency with Microsoft Outlook
Skills and competences:
- Ability to transform information into action
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Self-starter with efficient time management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly organized individual and great team player
- Strong problem solving/communication skills
- Strong customer orientation
- Demonstrates corporate citizenship and social responsibility
- Demonstrates support for innovation and organizational change
If this is you and you want to be part of this great team, we definitely want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.