On Side Restoration is seeking a Remediation Technician to join our Victoria team. The Remediation Technician is responsible for the day to day execution of work orders related to hazardous material abatement focusing on quality, cost control and consistency compliant with corporate and regulatory requirements. Follows and maintains a 5S culture and mindset.
About On Side Restoration
On Side Restoration is one of Canada’s leading restoration companies with branches coast to coast from Victoria, BC to St. John’s, Newfoundland. Since 2018, On Side also operates in the province of Quebec. For the past 40 years the company has been restoring damaged homes and businesses 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Proprietary internal systems include eClaim, a transparent web-based file management software program, and On Side LiVE, their 24 hour customizable emergency call centre. Experienced and certified crew operate On Side’s extensive fleet of emergency response vehicles and leverage their 10,000+ pieces of specialty equipment. Further information about On Side can be found at www.onside.ca
On Side Restoration Services Ltd is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment / interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs. Inquiries can be made with the hiring manager or by contacting Human Resources Department.
Why work with us?
Imagine a world where we wake up each day inspired to go to work, feel safe while we’re there, and return home at the end of the day fulfilled by the work we do – feeling that we have contributed to something greater than ourselves. This is the world we envision.
- Is friendly, and we love to do company-wide fun things!
- Is never boring…every day is something different!
- We provide great learning opportunities to our employees!
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes:
- Excellent health plan, including medical, dental, long-term disability (LTD) and life insurance.
- Opportunity for promotional opportunities and national career movement.
- Review hazardous material assessments
- Ensure compliance with company and regulatory process and protocols
- Review forecasted timeframes, equipment and supplies to complete projects consistent with budget and work order/scope
- Execute timely completion of assigned work orders
- Manage company assets consistent with business procedures and reporting
- Maintain effective and timely communications with all internal/external stakeholders to achieve project deliverables
- Complete all necessary documentation required for invoicing
- Manage and maintains company assets consistent with business image and expectations
- Sustain a Health & Safety environment focused on prevention of accident / incident
- Action personal performance and appearance consistent with company policies and procedures
- Provide on call support when necessary
- Provide direction or support in other areas as requested/required
Qualification and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) preferred
- Occupational first aid level 1
- Asbestos and/or Lead; moderate and high risk abatement
- Mould level 1, 2, 3 and 4 remediation
- 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Understanding of restoration business
- Knowledge in hazardous materials abatement
- Basic computer skills required; proficiency with Microsoft Outlook
Skills and competences:
- Ability to transform information into action
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Self-starter with efficient time management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly organized individual and great team player
- Strong problem solving/communication skills
- Strong customer orientation
- Demonstrates corporate citizenship and social responsibility
- Demonstrates support for innovation and organizational change
If this is you and you want to be part of this great team, we definitely want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.