On Side Restoration is looking for a Field Supervisor for our Surrey office.
- Executes project tasks through appropriate skill set and approved sub trade support consistent with scope/work order/budget information provided by the Project Manager.
- Identifies scope issues and/or omissions and recommends/coordinates actions in agreement with the PM to maintain commitments to all stakeholders.
- Recommends, documents and implements policies and procedures to facilitate consistent and efficient project results
- Supports high standards of corporate citizenship and social responsibility
- Fosters a customer-focused environment
- Actions recruitment, development, and evaluation performance of Operations staff
- Encourages participation in continuous improvement initiatives
- Develops and sustains a Health & Safety environment focused on accident / incident reduction.
- Maintains effective and timely communications with all internal/external stakeholders to achieve project deliverables; contractors, engineers, adjusters and city officials
- Ensures daily file note submissions to provide status reporting of claim progress.
- Ensures compliance with On Side protocol and process to achieve quality, cost and gross margin targets.
- Achieves business productivity, margin and cycle time targets
- Ensures daily completion of business documentation as necessary to provide optics to actual project cost through to project completion.
- Coordinates required permits to ensure compliance with provincial and municipal mandates
- Provides site direction and communicates performance opportunities to department leadership
- Ensures compliance to internal Site Safety inspection protocols
- Ensures site photos are uploaded to eClaim throughout the claim process
- Provides On Call support as required
- Manages and maintains company assets consistent with business image and expectations
- Actions personal performance and appearance consistent with company policies and procedures
- Provides direction or support in other areas as requested/required
- RED SEAL tradesperson in the construction industry
- Preference for carpenter, painter or drywaller
- High School diploma; combination of relevant training courses/experience
- 5+ years’ relevant experience
- Own Vehicle, BC Driver License and clear Abstract
- Some courses with IICRC Certification in: WRT, AMRT, ASD, FSRT, OCT
- OH&S supervisory training
- Ability to transfer information into action
- Experience and knowledge in dealing with software systems, estimating, budgets, internal controls, and asset management.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Familiarity and knowledge of Lean principles and systems
- Ability to multi task in a dynamic environment
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships, with workers, contractors and city representatives
- Ability to effectively communicate and implement change through engagement
- Ability to problem solve through root cause analysis and implementation of sustainable solutions
- Strong problem solving/communication skills
- Ethical and equitable leadership
On Side offers competitive compensation with excellent benefits which include medical, dental, LTD and life insurance benefits.
On Side Restoration Services Ltd is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment / interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs. Inquiries can be made with the hiring manager or by contacting Human Resources Department.
About On Side Restoration
On Side Restoration is one of Canada’s leading, privately-owned restoration companies with branches coast to coast from Victoria, BC to St. John’s, Newfoundland. Since 2018, On Side also operates in the province of Quebec. For the past 40 years the company has been restoring damaged homes and businesses 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Proprietary internal systems include eClaim, a transparent web-based file management software program, and On Side LiVE, their 24 hour customizable emergency call centre. Experienced and certified crew operate On Side’s extensive fleet of emergency response vehicles and leverage their 10,000+ pieces of specialty equipment. Further information about On Side can be found at www.onside.ca