On Side Restoration is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our Vancouver team. The Accounts Payable Specialist is directly responsible for performing data entry and making payments in a timely, accurate manner. This entails processing invoices, expense reports, credit card statements, and petty cash. A high level of professional communication is involved to manage internal and external client queries
About On Side Restoration
On Side Restoration is one of Canada’s leading, privately-owned restoration companies with branches coast to coast from Victoria, BC to St. John’s, Newfoundland. Since 2018, On Side also operates in the province of Quebec. For the past 40 years the company has been restoring damaged homes and businesses 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Proprietary internal systems include eClaim, a transparent web-based file management software program, and On Side LiVE, their 24 hour customizable emergency call centre. Experienced and certified crew operate On Side’s extensive fleet of emergency response vehicles and leverage their 10,000+ pieces of specialty equipment. Further information about On Side can be found at www.onside.ca
- Reviews and inputs invoices into imaging software
- Inputs invoices into accounting software for daily, bi-weekly, and monthly cheque runs, maintaining speed and accuracy
- Reconciles Vendor statements to ensure completeness
- Downloads invoices from suppliers
- Verifies and processes credit card statements, petty cash, and employee expenses
- Processes invoices using three way match
- Pays suppliers by credit card as needed
- Manages utility accounts to ensure timely payment
- Completes credit applications as needed
- Updates vendors WCB accounts nationally to ensure compliance
- Maintains effective and timely communication with all internal/external stakeholders to achieve deliverables
- Provides direction or support in areas as requested/required
- Filing as and when required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Post-secondary education in accounting or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum one year experience in accounts payable
Skills and competences:
- 10-key data entry proficiency
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsfot Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics / NAV is an asset
- Strong problem solving/communication skills
- Demonstrates support for innovation and organizational change
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes:
- Excellent health plan, including medical, dental, long-term disability (LTD) and life insurance.
- Opportunity for promotional opportunities and national career movement.
- Is friendly, and we love to do company-wide fun things!
- Is never boring…every day is something different!
- We provide great learning opportunities to our employees!
Why work with us?
Imagine a world where we wake up each day inspired to go to work, feel safe while we’re there, and return home at the end of the day fulfilled by the work we do – feeling that we have contributed to something greater than ourselves. This is the world we envision.
If this is you and you want to be part of this great team, we definitely want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.