On Side Restoration is seeking a Carpenter to join our Victoria team. The Journeyman Carpenter is responsible for the day to day execution of work orders related to the rebuild/restoration of damaged structures to the pre-loss condition focusing on quality, cost control and consistency. Ensures all aspects of job are completed as per company protocols. Follows and maintains a 5S culture and mindset.
About On Side Restoration
On Side Restoration is one of Canada’s leading, privately-owned restoration companies with branches coast to coast from Victoria, BC to St. John’s, Newfoundland. Since 2018, On Side also operates in the province of Quebec. For the past 40 years the company has been restoring damaged homes and businesses 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Proprietary internal systems include eClaim, a transparent web-based file management software program, and On Side LiVE, their 24 hour customizable emergency call centre. Experienced and certified crew operate On Side’s extensive fleet of emergency response vehicles and leverage their 10,000+ pieces of specialty equipment. Further information about On Side can be found at www.onside.ca
Why work with us?
Imagine a world where we wake up each day inspired to go to work, feel safe while we’re there, and return home at the end of the day fulfilled by the work we do – feeling that we have contributed to something greater than ourselves. This is the world we envision.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes:
- Excellent health plan, including medical, dental, long-term disability (LTD) and life insurance.
- Opportunity for promotional opportunities and national career movement.
- Is friendly, and we love to do company-wide fun things!
- Is never boring…every day is something different!
- We provide great learning opportunities to our employees!
- Review forecasted timeframes, equipment and supplies requirements to complete projects consistent with budget and work order/scope
- Execute timely completion of assigned work order tasks
- Proficient with relevant municipal and provincial building code regulations as it relates to building construction and repairs
- Assist in the completion of all necessary documentation as per process / protocol to ensure cost transparency of activities completed and accurate cost allocation to claims
- Provide quality workmanship consistent with industry standards and stakeholder expectations
- Embrace Health & Safety environment focused on prevention of accident / incident
- Action personal performance and appearance consistent with company policies and procedures
- Manage and maintains company assets consistent with business image and expectations
- Possess a full complement of appropriate tools (preferred)
- Provide direction or support in other areas as requested/required
Qualification and Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid Class driver’s license
- The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) preferred
- Occupational first aid level 1 preferred
- Knowledge of various types of insurable losses
- Proficient in all aspects of building repair and replacement
Skills and competences:
- Ability to transfer information into action
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to act quickly with patience in high pressure situations
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Must be empathetic and genuine
- Highly organized individual and great team player
- Strong problem solving/communication skills
- Strong customer orientation
- Demonstrates corporate citizenship and social responsibility
- Demonstrates support for innovation and organizational change
If this is you and you want to be part of this great team, we definitely want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.