On Side Restoration is seeking a Manager, Contents to join our Calgary team. The Manager, Contents provides vision, direction, motivation to contents activities, focused on quality, cost control and consistent performance through development and implementation of structure and process across lower mainland branch locations. Follows and maintains a 5S culture and mindset.
About On Side Restoration
On Side Restoration is one of Canada’s leading restoration companies with branches coast to coast from Victoria, BC to St. John’s, Newfoundland. Since 2018, On Side also operates in the province of Quebec. For the past 40 years the company has been restoring damaged homes and businesses 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Proprietary internal systems include eClaim, a transparent web-based file management software program, and On Side LiVE, their 24 hour customizable emergency call centre. Experienced and certified crew operate On Side’s extensive fleet of emergency response vehicles and leverage their 10,000+ pieces of specialty equipment. Further information about On Side can be found at www.onside.ca
On Side Restoration Services Ltd is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment / interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs. Inquiries can be made with the hiring manager or by contacting Human Resources Department.
Why work with us?
Imagine a world where we wake up each day inspired to go to work, feel safe while we’re there, and return home at the end of the day fulfilled by the work we do – feeling that we have contributed to something greater than ourselves. This is the world we envision.
- Is friendly, and we love to do company-wide fun things!
- Is never boring…every day is something different!
- We provide great learning opportunities to our employees!
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes:
- Excellent health plan, including medical, dental, long-term disability (LTD) and life insurance.
- Opportunity for promotional opportunities and national career movement.
Strategy and Vision:
- Overall management of content related activities to ensure compliance with standard policies, procedures and client protocol
- Recommend, document and implement policies and procedures that facilitate consistent and efficient content performance
- Support high standards of corporate citizenship and social responsibility
- Foster a customer-focused environment
- Assist in Recruitment, development, and evaluation performance of Content staff
- Encourage participation in continuous improvement initiatives
- Develop and sustain a Health & Safety environment focused on accident / incident reduction.
Capital Allocation and Management:
- Provide focused training on company policy, customer protocols and contents procedures
- Ensure compliance to achieve predictable results
- Provide technical support and guidance in specialty contents situations, develop process to ensure repeatability
- Participate in resolution of customer issues/ Project Management issues
- Structure and communicate 24/7 on-call schedules. Ensure staff compliance and actions non-conformance.
- Prepare annual contents expense budget.
- Prepare monthly profitability analysis to VP Operations.
- Recommend equipment requirements to VP Operations
- Ensure understanding and sustainment of 5S standards / culture
- Provide direction or support in other areas as requested/required
Qualification and Requirements:
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma
- Relevant management training courses in contents mitigation
- Fire Smoke Restoration Technician (FSRT)
- Odor control Technician (OCT)
- Water Damage Restoration (WRT)
- Applied Structural Drying (ASD)
- Carpet Cleaning Technician (CCT)
- Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician (UFT)
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- 5+ years of experience in the restoration/emergency industry
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership role
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in the content restoration industry
- Working knowledge of construction/plumbing/electrical/cleaning
- Extensive contents knowledge and hands on experience
- Familiarity and knowledge of Lean principles and system
Skills and competences:
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to multi-task/prioritize in a dynamic environment
- Excellent people manager, open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Persuasive with details and facts
- Delegate responsibilities effectively
- Strong problem solving/communication skills
- High comfort level working in a diverse environment
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams
- Ethical and equitable leadership
If this is you and you want to be part of this great team, we definitely want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted