On Side Restoration is seeking a Technical Specialist, Contents to join our Halifax team. The Technical Specialist, Contents provides vision, direction and motivation focused on quality, cost control and consistent performance through development and implementation of structure and process as it relates to Contents restoration. Follows and maintains a 5S culture and mindset.
About On Side Restoration
On Side Restoration is one of Canada’s leading, privately-owned restoration companies with branches coast to coast from Victoria, BC to St. John’s, Newfoundland. Since 2018, On Side also operates in the province of Quebec. For the past 40 years the company has been restoring damaged homes and businesses 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Proprietary internal systems include eClaim, a transparent web-based file management software program, and On Side LiVE, their 24 hour customizable emergency call centre. Experienced and certified crew operate On Side’s extensive fleet of emergency response vehicles and leverage their 10,000+ pieces of specialty equipment. Further information about On Side can be found at www.onside.ca
Why work with us?
Imagine a world where we wake up each day inspired to go to work, feel safe while we’re there, and return home at the end of the day fulfilled by the work we do – feeling that we have contributed to something greater than ourselves. This is the world we envision.
- Is friendly, and we love to do company-wide fun things!
- Is never boring…every day is something different!
- We provide great learning opportunities to our employees!
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes:
- Excellent health plan, including medical, dental, long-term disability (LTD) and life insurance.
- Opportunity for promotional opportunities and national career movement.
- Facilitate training of content related activities to ensure compliance with standard policies, procedures and customer protocol in branches
- Recommend, document and implement policies and procedures that facilitate consistent and efficient content performance
- Investigate/implement industry methods of content processing to optimize productivity and profitability across the branches
- Develop lines of communication with internal/external customers to ensure compliance to protocol
- Provide technical support and guidance in specialty contents situations, develop process to ensure repeatability
- Participate in resolution of customer issues/Project Management issues to meet business targets
- Ensure understanding and sustainment of 5S standards/culture in branches
- Provide direction or support in other areas as requested/required
Qualification and Requirements:
- Relevant training courses with post-secondary education in a business discipline preferred
- Fire Smoke Restoration Technician (FSRT)
- Odor control Technician (OCT)
- Water Damage Restoration (WRT)
- Carpet Cleaning Technician (CCT)
- Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician (UFT)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Proven track record of successful content management experience
- Intermediate computer skills required; proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
Skills and competences
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Proficient communicator including large audience settings
- Ability to problem solve through root cause analysis and implementation of sustainable solutions
- Ability to motivate, encourage and build teams
- Open to direction and suggestion, appreciative of a collaborative work style
- Ability to delegate when required
- Strong problem solving/communication skills
- Demonstrate corporate citizenship and social responsibility
- Demonstrate support for innovation and organizational change
- Foster a customer focused environment.
If this is you and you want to be part of this great team, we definitely want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.