About On Side Restoration
On Side Restoration is one of Canada’s leading restoration companies with branches coast to coast from Victoria, BC to St. John’s, Newfoundland. Since 2018, On Side also operates in the province of Quebec. For the past 40 years the company has been restoring damaged homes and businesses 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Proprietary internal systems include eClaim, a transparent web-based file management software program, and On Side LiVE, their 24 hour customizable emergency call centre. Experienced and certified crew operate On Side’s extensive fleet of emergency response vehicles and leverage their 10,000+ pieces of specialty equipment. Further information about On Side can be found at www.onside.ca
On Side Restoration Services Ltd is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment / interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs. Inquiries can be made with the hiring manager or by contacting Human Resources Department.
Why work with us?
Imagine a world where we wake up each day inspired to go to work, feel safe while we’re there, and return home at the end of the day fulfilled by the work we do – feeling that we have contributed to something greater than ourselves. This is the world we envision.
- Is friendly, and we love to do company-wide fun things!
- Is never boring…every day is something different!
- We provide great learning opportunities to our employees!
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes:
- Excellent health plan, including medical, dental, long-term disability (LTD) and life insurance.
- Opportunity for promotional opportunities and national career movement.
Working closely and collaboratively with the Regional VP, the District Director will provide the leadership to carry out the strategies, plans, and initiatives to achieve the goals and objectives of the Company’s strategic plan.
The District Director’s leadership will be crucial in meeting the growth strategies for his/her District, as well as providing, direction, motivation and management to the Branch & District Management Team, to positively impact Branch and District profitability. The DD will serve as the senior contact for specific On Side Insurance and/or Commercial customers in Quebec and/or nationally.
- Contribute to and actively support the Regional VP in the development of the strategic direction of both the District, region and company.
- Provide direction and contribute to process and technology initiatives and improvements.
- Create a spirit and culture of striving for superior customer service.
- Set Branch Manager Objectives and complete performance reviews.
- Work closely with the Regional VP and Branch Managers to review branch & region resources and share resources as required.
- Work with Regional VP and Branch Managers to lead, recruit and ensure adequate training is provided for branch teams to be successful and able to meet the objectives of our corporate strategic plan.
- Drive On Side’s health and safety program, and ensure policies and procedures are followed by all On Side personnel and sub-contractors.
- In the event of a CAT the District Director will support the Regional VP with the company’s response and provide direction to Corporate as to what level of support may be needed from outside the region to meet client expectations.
- Working with Finance; prepare, forecast, analyze and report financial performance for the region.
- Work with Branch managers to create the annual budget, and monitor results to fulfill P&L expectations in each branch. This will include monthly operational reviews of the financial statement and accounts receivable targets with each branch.
- Provide a forecast to corporate on a monthly basis to identify significant deviations from expected revenue or costs goals defined by the budget and rationalization for these deviations
- Provide oversight and review of expenses to ensure they are consistent with corporate goals & guidelines
- Review each client’s KPI guidelines and work with any branch or project manager that is not currently meeting expectations to resolve the issues around the inability to meet the KPI’s
- Conduct reviews of low margin invoices
- Serve as the senior contact for specific On Side Insurance and/or Commercial customers in the province and/or nationally.
- Identify and investigate opportunities for further regional market penetration and profitable incremental growth.
- Build and manage relationships with clients, customers and sub trades to meet client and company expectations and performance metrics.
- Support with the marketing and administration activities within the Region
- Continually work to improve claim cycle time and customer satisfaction goals
- Oversee Trade Management including: vendor qualification, trade selection and negotiation and trades utilization
- 10-15 years’ experience in senior management role(s), University degree, post-graduate degree an asset. A combination of experience and education can also be evaluated.
- Ability to attract, retain and develop a team
- A proactive, results driven, highly skilled business professional with proven record for meeting and exceeding targets and objectives.
- Strong coaching skills with ability to inspire and influence to achieve success
- A well-developed pattern of achievement, competitive skills, energy, motivation, enthusiasm, and integrity
- Excellent communicator with a natural, authentic rapport
- Team player, self-motivated and goal oriented.
- Ability to think strategically and analytically at a high-level
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
- Computer skills, and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Periodic travel in Canada required.