On Side Restoration is seeking a Water Damage Technician to join our Grande Prairie team. The Water Damage Technician is part of a team responsible to performing restoration services to ensure customer’s goals. This team provides an exceptional customer service in a fast pace environment.
About On Side Restoration
On Side Restoration is one of Canada’s leading, privately-owned restoration companies with branches coast to coast from Victoria, BC to St. John’s, Newfoundland. Since 2018, On Side also operates in the province of Quebec. For the past 40 years the company has been restoring damaged homes and businesses 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Proprietary internal systems include eClaim, a transparent web-based file management software program, and On Side LiVE, their 24 hour customizable emergency call centre. Experienced and certified crew operate On Side’s extensive fleet of emergency response vehicles and leverage their 10,000+ pieces of specialty equipment. Further information about On Side can be found at www.onside.ca
Why work with us?
Imagine a world where we wake up each day inspired to go to work, feel safe while we’re there, and return home at the end of the day fulfilled by the work we do – feeling that we have contributed to something greater than ourselves. This is the world we envision.
· Is friendly, and we love to do company-wide fun things!
· Is never boring…every day is something different!
· We provide great learning opportunities to our employees!
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes:
· Excellent health plan, including medical, dental, long-term disability (LTD) and life insurance.
· Opportunity for promotional opportunities and national career movement.
• Provide prompt and professional service to all customers. This include being polite, courteous and respectful
• Complete customer service schedules on time. Keep internal personnel such as dispatchers and/or appropriate supervisors/project managers informed of daily schedule
• Demonstrate professional knowledge of all company products and services
• Assess and determine customer requirements and communicate them with dispatcher/ supervisor and or project manager.
• Perform appropriate steps to mitigate further water damage in the home and/or business, depending on the situation. Schedule revisit through dispatch to check on drying conditions
• As necessary, perform professional carpet/upholstery cleaning services in customer’s home using company solutions and products.
• Prior to leaving, provide customer with necessary safety information or instructions concerning all equipment left at the site and areas extracted and/or just cleaned
• Operate company vehicle with good judgment, obeying all traffic laws, rules and regulations
• Maintain an acceptable driving record
• Perform regular company vehicle maintenance, as outlined in company standards and procedures
• On a daily basis, submit all accurate completed paperwork and have all supporting documents in order. This is a mandatory responsibility that needs to be performed consistently each and every day.
Qualification and Requirements:
· Minimum High School diploma or equivalent
• Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean Abstract
• IICRC certification
• At least 1 year’s Water Damage experience, or equivalent
• Be available to be “On Call” on evenings and weekends on a rotating basis.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and work in tight spaces
Skills and competences:
• Maintain a high level of personal grooming and appearance.
• Meet company standards for attendance and punctuality.
• Fosters good work relationships at all levels of the company.
• Attend training meetings as determined by management.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
If this is you and you want to be part of this great team, we definitely want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.