On Side Restoration is seeking a Manager, Operations to join our Gatineau team. The Manager, Operations directs, motivates and manages Branch staff on operational initiatives / workflow focused on cost and performance management compliant with company structure and processes. Follows and maintains a 5S culture and mindset.
About On Side Restoration
On Side Restoration is one of Canada’s leading restoration companies. We respond 24/7 to emergencies affecting residential and commercial properties. We differentiate ourselves through our people and our commitment to excellent customer service, and through industry leading proprietary software. Since 1979, we have expanded to 21 branches coast to coast from Victoria, BC to St. John’s, Newfoundland. We have a Team of over 700+ experienced and certified staff members, with over 300 emergency response vehicles, and 5,000+ pieces of specialty equipment. Further information about On Side can be found at www.onside.ca
On Side Restoration Services Ltd is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment / interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs. Inquiries can be made with the hiring manager or by contacting Human Resources Department.
Why work with us?
Imagine a world where we wake up each day inspired to go to work, feel safe while we’re there, and return home at the end of the day fulfilled by the work we do – feeling that we have contributed to something greater than ourselves. This is the world we envision.
- Is friendly, and we love to do company-wide fun things!
- Is never boring…every day is something different!
- We provide great learning opportunities to our employees!
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes:
- Excellent health plan, including medical, dental, long-term disability (LTD) and life insurance.
- Opportunity for promotional opportunities and national career movement.
Strategy and Vision:
- Manage Branch operations to achieve budgeted results and performance targets
- Recommend, document and implement policies and procedures that facilitate consistent and efficient operational performance
- Provide training and performance management of company process to deliver repeatable results consistent with performance targets and customer expectations
- Lead and develop an employee culture focused on engagement, continuous improvement, and customer service
- Identify / action opportunities to improve branch results through continuous assessment of performance
- Foster a strong customer focus environment
- Develop and sustain a Health & Safety environment focused on accident / incident reduction
- Ensure Workers Compensation COR compliance at the branch level to achieve best in class H&S performance
- Action recruitment, oversee development, and evaluate performance of the operating team
- Oversee and action capacity adjustments consistent with demands to achieve performance targets
- Encourage participation in continuous improvement initiatives
Capital Allocation and Management:
- Ensure that all activities and operations are performed in compliance with company policy and customer protocol
- Asset Management – consistent with process to ensure awareness and utilization to maximize revenue opportunities
- Fleet Management – utilization / optimization consistent with changing market conditions and budget allocations
- Facilities Management – supporting a lean business culture
- Provide direction or support in other areas as requested/required
Qualification and Requirements:
- University Degree in Business Management or combination of relevant Management training courses / experience in related fields
- 5+ years of experience in the restoration/emergency industry
- 2+ years’ experience in a leadership role
- Extensive experience and knowledge in dealing with systems, budgets, internal controls, business planning, and asset management.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Familiarity and knowledge of Lean principles and systems
Skills and competences:
- Ability to multi task in a dynamic environment
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships.
- Ability to effectively communicate and implement change through engagement
- Ability to problem solve through root cause analysis and implementation of sustainable solutions
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams
- Strong problem solving/communication skills
- Ethical and equitable leadership
If this is you and you want to be part of this great team, we definitely want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.