On Side Restoration is seeking a Plumber to join our Surrey/Abbotsford/Vancouver team. The Plumber is responsible for the day to day execution of work orders related to restoration of plumbing and natural gas elements of damaged structures with focus on quality, cost control and consistency in results. Ensures all aspects of job are completed as per company protocols. Follows and maintains a 5S culture and mindset.
About On Side Restoration
On Side Restoration is one of Canada’s leading restoration companies with branches coast to coast from Victoria, BC to St. John’s, Newfoundland. Since 2018, On Side also operates in the province of Quebec. For the past 40 years the company has been restoring damaged homes and businesses 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Proprietary internal systems include eClaim, a transparent web-based file management software program, and On Side LiVE, their 24 hour customizable emergency call centre. Experienced and certified crew operate On Side’s extensive fleet of emergency response vehicles and leverage their 10,000+ pieces of specialty equipment. Further information about On Side can be found at www.onside.ca
On Side Restoration Services Ltd is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment / interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs. Inquiries can be made with the hiring manager or by contacting Human Resources Department.
Why work with us?
Imagine a world where we wake up each day inspired to go to work, feel safe while we’re there, and return home at the end of the day fulfilled by the work we do – feeling that we have contributed to something greater than ourselves. This is the world we envision.
- Is friendly, and we love to do company-wide fun things!
- Is never boring…every day is something different!
- We provide great learning opportunities to our employees!
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes:
- Excellent health plan, including medical, dental, long-term disability (LTD) and life insurance.
- Opportunity for promotional opportunities and national career movement.
- Review forecasted timeframes, equipment and supplies requirements to complete projects consistent with budget and work order/scope
- Execute timely completion of assigned work order tasks
- Proficient with relevant municipal and provincial building code regulations as it relates to plumbing installations and repairs
- Assist in the completion of all necessary documentation as per process / protocol to ensure cost transparency of activities completed and accurate cost allocation to claims
- Provide quality workmanship consistent with industry standards and stakeholder expectations
- Embrace Health & Safety environment focused on prevention of accident / incident
- Action personal performance and appearance consistent with company policies and procedures
- Manage and maintains company assets consistent with business image and expectations
- Possess a full complement of appropriate tools (preferred)
- Provide direction or support in other areas as requested/required
- Installs and repairs how water tanks, bathroom fixtures and fitting, sewage and pressure pumps, sanitary lines, flow measuring gas fitting.
- Prepares estimates of costs, time, materials and equipment needed for plumbing projects.
- Responds to inquiries from customers.
- Provide recommendation in troubleshooting & resolving plumbing issues.
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualification and Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- A valid Red Seal Plumbing Certification (Provincial or Interprovincial), supplemented by knowledge of the City’s and related experience.
- Familiar in dealing with city officials.
- Class “B” Domestic/Commercial Gas Fitter Certificate
- Possess a valid B.C. Driver’s Licence with a safe driving history.
- The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) preferred
- Occupational first aid level 1 preferred
- Knowledge of various types of insurable losses
- Previous experience and training as a qualified Trades Plumber
- Considerable knowledge and experience with the principles, codes, practices, tools and equipment used in plumbing, boiler and furnace maintenance and repair work.
- Experience interpreting and applying safety processes and practices associated with plumbing, HVAC, backflow systems.
- Highly motivated and able to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Thorough knowledge of the BC Plumbing Code and knowledge of the standard practices, methods, materials, tools and equipment are required and excellent communications and team skills are a must.
Skills and competences:
- Ability to transfer information into action
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to act quickly with patience in high pressure situations
- Must be empathetic and genuine
- Highly organized individual and great team player
- Strong problem solving/communication skills
- Demonstrates corporate citizenship and social responsibility
- Demonstrates support for innovation and organizational change
- Good physical condition with sufficient strength and stamina to perform heavy manual work outside in the presence of dust, noise, odours, and dampness.
- Ability to exercise courtesy and tact in the exchange of routine information with customers.
- Knowledge necessary to operate assigned equipment used to complete required tasks and to complete equipment maintenance duties.
- Necessary knowledge of the Municipal and other regulatory by laws codes.
- Ability to exercise considerable independence of judgement and action in the operation of equipment
- Ability to use and provide instruction on the safe use of plumbing equipment and tools.
- Ability to diagnose and repair plumbing defects and provide advice and recommendations to management.
- Ability to interpret schematic drawings and blueprints.
- Ability to deal tactfully with the customers, colleagues and officials in a courteous, professional and effective manner.
- Ability to work cooperatively and amicably in a team environment with a safety first attitude.
If this is you and you want to be part of this great team, we definitely want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.