On Side Restoration is seeking a Remediation Supervisor to join our Edmonton team. The Remediation Supervisor will develop and maintain a well-trained, motivated and effective emergency response and contents team. He/she will supervise all emergency and contents activities at the local branch and coordinate with the Operations Supervisor, to ensure the goals and needs of the insurance companies and our customers are being met.
The Remediation Supervisor will implement the company Standard Operating Procedures pertaining to emergency calls and water remediation.
The Remediation Supervisor is capable of implementing water remediation procedures consistent with the IICRC S-500 Standard including obtaining and recording psychrometric readings.
About On Side Restoration
On Side Restoration is one of Canada’s leading, privately-owned restoration companies with branches coast to coast from Victoria, BC to St. John’s, Newfoundland. Since 2018, On Side also operates in the province of Quebec. For the past 40 years the company has been restoring damaged homes and businesses 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Proprietary internal systems include eClaim, a transparent web-based file management software program, and On Side LiVE, their 24 hour customizable emergency call centre. Experienced and certified crew operate On Side’s extensive fleet of emergency response vehicles and leverage their 10,000+ pieces of specialty equipment. Further information about On Side can be found at www.onside.ca
Why work with us?
Imagine a world where we wake up each day inspired to go to work, feel safe while we’re there, and return home at the end of the day fulfilled by the work we do – feeling that we have contributed to something greater than ourselves. This is the world we envision.
- Is friendly, and we love to do company-wide fun things!
- Is never boring…every day is something different!
- We provide great learning opportunities to our employees!
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes:
- Excellent health plan, including medical, dental, long-term disability (LTD) and life insurance.
- Opportunity for promotional opportunities and national career movement.
- Employee engagement/leadership
- Lead the best quality team to achieving the objectives of our corporate strategic plan.
- Ensure that the company health and safety policies and procedures are followed for all On Side personnel and sub-contractors, including all personnel on your team are up to date with all health and safety procedures and training and participates/conducts tail gate meetings relating to health and safety and work procedures when on site.
- Develop a performance culture through providing all employees on your team with regular feedback and specific development plans.
- Training and educating new employees on company policy and restoration procedures
- Learn and practice the Onside Standard Operating Procedures for: Water Remediation – Mould – Asbestos
- Supervision of all emergency response and contents restoration activities to ensure quality and compliance with company policies
- Responsible for supervising several projects at one time and prioritizing tasks
- Responsible for monitoring inventory levels and equipment sign-out, tracking and sign in and ensuring sign out procedures are followed and electronic systems are updated.
Customer Service Excellence
- Ensure timely and effective communication with Project Managers
- Coordinate with PM to ensure sub trades required for restoration are acquired
- Manage flow of contents on site and storage of items in warehouse
- Manage tracking and timely billing of contents in storage
- Responsible for coordinating delivery of contents to homeowner and disposal of NR items
- Participation in 24/7 on call rotation
Qualification and Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the restoration/emergency industry, preferably working in the Emergency & Contents division. Relevant industry related experience may be considered
- Water Remediation Technician (WRT) certification
- Applied Microbial Remediation Technician certification (AMRT)
- Fire and Smoke Restoration Technician certification (FSRT)
- Odor Control Technician certification (OCT)
- Proficiency with biological Technology
- Knowledge of drying sciences and application of cleaning agents for specific losses such as sewage back-up claims and mould claims
- Actively participate and manage content cleaning and flow process.
- May be called on as Mould consultant to Project Managers.
- Proficient in with the ability to mentor and train other employees on proper precautions, technique, protocols and safety measures.
- Carrying out instructions by management staff, Project Managers & Project Management Assistants.
Skills and competences:
- Ability to transform information into action
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Self-starter with efficient time management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly organized individual and great team player
- Strong problem solving/communication skills
- Strong customer orientation
- Demonstrates corporate citizenship and social responsibility
- Demonstrates support for innovation and organizational change
If this is you and you want to be part of this great team, we definitely want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.