On Side Restoration is seeking a Tool Room Technician to join our Vancouver team. The Tool Room Technician is responsible for asset control and maintenance to support the needs of the business related to tools, equipment, supplies and fleet. Responsible to sustain a positive environment for employees and visitors as it relates to building and property maintenance. Follows and maintains a 5S culture and mindset.
• Maintain all equipment to ensure recurring usage to meet emergency demands
• Assist with on-loading/off-loading of equipment
• Oversee the asset management system to ensure accuracy of reporting
• Maintain the storage and recording of evidential items removed from claims to support customer liability definitions and disposal approvals
• Manage consumable inventory relevant to needs
• Support a Health & Safety environment focused on prevention of accidents / incidents
• Action personal performance and appearance consistent with company policies and procedures
• Provide direction or support in other areas as requested/required
Qualification and Requirements:
• High School diploma; combination of relevant training courses/experience
• Post-secondary education in a business discipline preferred
• Experience with disassembling and reassembling
• Basic computer skills required, proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
• Understanding of restoration business
• Understanding of characteristics of company assets
Skills and competences:
• Ability to transfer information into action
• Ability to multi task in a dynamic environment
• Ability to work well within a team environment
• Ability to problem solve through root cause analysis and implementation of sustainable solutions
• Strong problem solving/communication skills
• Strong customer orientation
• Demonstrates corporate citizenship and social responsibility
• Demonstrates support for innovation and organizational change
If this is you and you want to be part of this great team, we definitely want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Why work with us?
Imagine a world where we wake up each day inspired to go to work, feel safe while we’re there, and return home at the end of the day fulfilled by the work we do – feeling that we have contributed to something greater than ourselves. This is the world we envision.
• Is friendly, and we love to do company-wide fun things!
• Is never boring…every day is something different!
• We provide great learning opportunities to our employees!
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes:
• Excellent health plan, including medical, dental, long-term disability (LTD) and life insurance.
• Opportunity for promotional opportunities and national career movement.